Sunday, July 10, 2005

My first Meme

My IIF Sizzle has tagged me with a blog meme. My FIRST. I am SO one of the cool kids now.

10 years ago: I was 21 and a new mommy. We were so poor but so in love, with each other and with him.

5 years ago: I had had ENOUGH. Stressful career, young family, daily job drama. Despite the fact that I was the bread-winner, I quit my job without any prospects - VERY scarey. This was the best decision I have ever made. Never stick with a job you hate, always follow your passion and do what you love. Though it may not seem like it at the time, it's always what's best for you and your family.

One year ago: I decided to quit my part time/something-to-fall-back-on job and devote myself to my business, focusing my attention on growth and doing what I want when I damn-well want to.

Yesterday: Laughed all day long with good friends, so much so that my face hurt. Enjoyed the company of our neighbours all evening. Good friends, good laughs, good times.

Today: It's a PJ day. Drinking coffee, surfing the net, not getting dressed unless I absolutely have to. I might take the children to the beach this afternoon...and I will likely get dressed for that. I don't think PJs are appropriate beach attire - I might get too hot.

Tomorrow: Taking four children to the water park. I'm going to pack a lunch, lay a blanket on the grass, set up my chair and umbrella, and read a good book while the children play.

5 snacks that I enjoy: cheese, roasted almond granola bars, crackers with cream cheese, wine gums, green apples.

5 bands/singers that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs: Matchbox 20, Abba, Black Eyed Peas, Great Big Sea, Avril Lavigne (don't ask)

5 things I would do with $100,000,000: travel, educate my children, take care of my family, become a philanthropist, never wash another dish again.

5 locations I'd like to run away to: Greece, Italy, Thailand, Ireland, New York.

5 bad habits I have: I eat unhealthy food, I drink too much, I'm overly critical of others, I'm overly critical of myself, I'm bad at returning email.

5 things I like doing: cooking, reading, shopping alone, hugging my children, laughing.

5 things I would never wear: cowboy boots, a midrif-baring shirt, yellow, green, lace.

5 TV shows I like: ER, The OC, Six Feet Under, Veronica Mars, The Daily Show.

5 movies I like: American Beauty, Shawshank Redemption, Napolean Dynomite, The Breakfast Club, The Princess Bride.

5 famous people I'd like to meet: Jon Stewart, Oprah, John Grisham, Dog- The Bounty Hunter, Kate
Hudson.

5 biggest joys at the moment: My children, friends, summer, quiet time, getting a decent sleep.

5 favorite toys: From childhood - Barbies, Lite Brite, Lego, Spirograph, colouring books.

5 people to tag: Nilo, Kristy, Melissa, J, Meg.


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com