Tuesday, August 30, 2005

busy, busy, busy...

With the first day of school on the blessed horizon, my days have been filled with preparations. Dentist appointments, shopping for school supplies, new clothes, backpacks, lunch boxes, shoes. The list is never ending and SO not cheap. Who's idea was it to have three kids anyway? Oh right - it was my grand plan....

I took my daughter shopping for a frustrating 2 hours yesterday and came home with nothing. She likes nothing. She will try on nothing. She refuses to shop in the girl's department but still can't find what she wants in the boy's department. So, we returned home empty-handed. I don't know who's child she is but she certainly can't be mine.

We applied for a mortgage yesterday but have only been approved for $220k. Where we live $220k will get you an 'ok' house in the ghetto or a near-condemned house in a decent area. Seeing that I will neither raise my children in the ghetto or in a shack, we'll keep saving for a bigger downpayment. Momma likes her ocean view.

In the meantime, we'll continue to pay someone else's mortgage for them. Fun.


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com